It is turn-on-the-air conditioner hot here in Huntington Beach. Even tiny Juliet who thrives on two long walks a day just stares at me in disgust when I pick up her leash. Here she is giving me some too-hot-to-walk side eye.
It’s certainly not cooking weather, either.
But, what are you going to do when you reach for a midday cookie and the jar is empty?
This Dorie Greenspan-inspired cookie is a perfect solution: Three ingredients. Twenty minutes in the oven. And voila–delicate caramel almond cookies!
I’m thinking these cookies would be good dipped in a little chocolate.
Now I need to deal with that side eye. Maybe sweet Juliet just needs a cookie and a hug.
Here is the link to the original recipe: Dorie Greenspan’s Three-Ingredient Almond Crackle Cookies
Here is where to buy Greenspan’s book Cookies: Dorie Greenspan’s book Dorie’s Cookies on Amazon
3-Ingredient Almond Crackle Cookies
- 6 T. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 C. sliced almonds
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Step 2 Line your baking sheets with parchment or with a silicone mat.
- Step 3 Whisk sugar and egg together. Stir in sliced almonds.
- Step 4 Using a small cookie scoop, scoop batter in 2 T. portions onto your baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches of space between cookies. Flatten the mounds of cookie batter with the back of a fork.
- Step 5 Bake in 325 degree F. oven for twenty minutes (rotating pans midway through the baking process.
- Step 6 Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for at least 10-15 minutes.