Time to party—in a socially distanced kind of way.
Whether you are Zoom partying, front yard partying or just partying with the faithful family dog (as I am with Sweet Juliet), this Cheddar and Scallion Dip is very very good party food. It also works for a Netflix binge party. (We did a “Marcella” binge.)
It’s creamy and easy to make and adaptable to a lot of variations. It is also addictive.
And, while you are at it, why not consider two other great dips from Blue Cayenne’s archives. There is a great “take” on a Trader Joe classic (Tomato Lentil Dip) here and an all-time favorite at my house, Roquefort Dip, here.
Here’s the Cheddar Scallion Dip recipe.
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature and cubed)
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 1 scallion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 t. fine sea salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 t. sweet paprika
- 1 to 2 T. fresh lemon juice (as needed)
- 1/2 C. sharp Cheddar (finely grated)
- 1 small garlic clove (mashed to a paste-optional)
- Hot sauce to taste
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, scallion (green onion), salt, pepper and paprika in the bowl of your food processor. Process until the ingredients reach a smooth consistency. Add lemon juice to your taste and to thin the dip a bit. Add cheddar (I used a Tillamook Sharp Cheddar) and optional mashed garlic clove and continue to process until your dip is creamy and smooth.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
This recipe is adapted from a Melissa Clark NYT recipe. You can see a video of Clark making the dip here.